The Haflinger is a majestic breed of horse that is known by many for its long, luxurious mane, beautiful coats and temperament. But one Haflinger named Storm out of the Netherlands is capturing the hearts of equine enthusiasts worldwide for her flowing mane--that matches her human's!
Naomi Beckers and her trusty steed, Storm, an eight-year-old mare, have an Instagram account where they share lovely images for all of us horse lovers to fawn over.
Even though every horse owner thinks they have the most beautiful horse in all the land, Naomi was pleasantly astounded at the massive following her horse quickly garnered:
“I was planning to post a few pictures on it [Storm’s Instagram] from time to time, but people kept asking me when I would post another photo."
Step aside, Rapunzel, Storm is here to take the crown with a flowing head of golden locks that runs straight to the ground. Oh, and her human is no slouch, either! With 55k fans and following, if you're not already following their joint account--you should be! Here's a sample of their stunning images that Naomi constantly updates her users with on a daily basis...
View this post on Instagram
Yesterday was a perfect day. We started with our lesson in academic art of riding. Pieces start to fall into place more and more. Storm is so smart and willing to work. She’s such a pleasure to work with. (the video shows how exhausted she is afterwards 💤 cuddling with Jeffrey). We spend the rest of the day with @priscillagijsberts & @jeffreylanters which was a lotttt of fun, as always. Priscilla made some realllly awesome pictures you will definitely be seeing soon 😍❤️ • • • 📷 @skrallan_lukiphotography • 💎 @royal.equestrian • 👟 @scootbootsdownunder
View this post on Instagram
- SADDLE UPDATE - As most of you know we struggled a lot to find a proper fitting saddle last year, eventually we found one that fitted Storm but it wasn’t great for me. Also the padding inside couldn’t be adjusted so I knew as soon as Storm’s build would change it probably wouldn’t fit anymore. A couple months ago I started to notice that our riding progress stagnated so I figured the saddle was the problem (again) and it was. So we decided it was about time to do it 100% right this time; we’re getting a custom made saddle! 🎉 It’s still under construction, we already had 2 fitting sessions and the base is finished. I can design this saddle any way I want, which is really cool! I’ve been drawing and thinking about a billion ideas I think 😂 do you want to see what I’ve come up with? Picture by @priscillagijsberts
I just want to run my fingers through that blonde mane!
Horse Courses by Elaine Heney
- Listening to the Horse - The Documentary by Elaine Heney & Grey Pony Films
- Shoulder In & Out Training for better balance, bend & topline development with your horse
- Over 110+ Polework Exercises & Challenges to Download
- Dancing at Liberty & Creating Connection with Your Horse (11 lessons) - Grey Pony Films
Want to see more of Naomi and Storm? Don't forget to follow them on Instagram @haflinger_storm_naomi