After purchasing several thousands of dollars' worth of hay to feed her horses, CEO of Happy Hooves Equine Rescue, Mary Evans, was in shock once it was delivered. Upon arrival, the hay was discovered to be compromised--completely covered in mold. Obviously a horse can become incredibly ill from ingesting moldy hay, so feeding it was most certainly not an option. And worse, Mary had purchased the hay ahead of time hoping it would last through the winter for her horse rescue.
She took to her social media account on Facebook hoping there was some way that concerned horse enthusiasts would be able to help her and her precious horses...
What happened next was beyond anything that she could have ever expected. A local business took it upon themselves to solve her dilemma all by themselves. Talk about a Christmas miracle in the making!
Check out the news segment here:
Happy Hooves Equine Rescue out of Edwardsville, Ohio is a wonderful facility that works tirelessly to rescue, rehabilitate, and find suitable homes for horses that have been abandoned, neglected, abused or left unwanted. It sounds like to us that if anyone deserves this random act of kindness, it's them.