Sure, you might have grown up horse crazy as a kid, but maybe that horse craziness never went away. Here are 8 surefire signs that you’re still horse crazy as an adult.
1. You Spend Most of Your Free Time at a Barn
Parties? Concerts? Nope. You’d rather be at the barn. If you’re a horse crazy adult, chances are you spend a good amount of your free time at the barn, at horse shows, or out on the trails.
2. Your Office Is Decorated With Photos of Your Horse
Sure, there are some shots of your friends and family, but we bet that you’ve got at least one photo of your horse decorating your office at work.
3. Your Car Still Smells Like the Barn
Bits of hay, extra riding gloves, and loads of dirt decorate your car. And that horse smell? It’s permanently ingrained in the seats, the floor mats, and the car itself. Of course, you don’t even notice it – but your family and friends sure do!
4. Your Mailbox Is Full of Horse Catalogs
Your mail is a surefire indicator of the fact that you’re a horse crazy adult. Not only does it contain the horse magazines that you subscribe to, but it’s also chock full of horse catalogs. Even though you never request the catalogs, they seem to follow you from address to address, like magic.
5. Your Browser History Is Chock Full of Horse Sites
IHeartHorses.com, ChronicleoftheHorse.com, Equus.com…. your web browser is full of these sites. A quick glance through will show that you spend most of your internet time looking at horse-related content, and not much else.
6. You Spend More On Your Horse’s Shoes Than You Do On Your Own
Shelling out $150 or $200 every 6 weeks for your horse’s shoes? No problem. But your closet is full of bargain shoe finds. You have to be able to afford your horse’s shoes, after all.
7. You Still Thrill at the Sight of Horses
It doesn’t matter if you own one horse or a dozen – the sight of any horse can still excite you in the same way that it did when you were a kid. Horses in pastures that you spot out the car window, horse decorations in store windows – you eat it all up.
Horse Courses by Elaine Heney
- Listening to the Horse - The Documentary by Elaine Heney & Grey Pony Films
- Shoulder In & Out Training for better balance, bend & topline development with your horse
- Over 110+ Polework Exercises & Challenges to Download
- Dancing at Liberty & Creating Connection with Your Horse (11 lessons) - Grey Pony Films
8. Your Best Hours are Spent with Horses
When you think about the times when you’re the happiest, they all have a common denominator – horses are generally present in them.