So many profound horse quotes have been spoken and written over the years. These ancient and beautiful animals have been admired by everyone from famous movie stars like John Wayne to renowned politicians such as Abraham Lincoln. Whether you are an avid horseback rider, a horse owner, or just someone who admires these amazing animals, you will love these inspirational horse quotes from some of the greatest figures in history:
- "A great horse will change your life. The truly special ones define it..." - Author Unknown
- "A pony is a childhood dream. A horse is an adult treasure." - Rebecca Carroll
- "The horse, with beauty unsurpassed, strength immeasurable, and grace unlike any other, still remains humble enough to carry a man upon his back." - Amber Senti
- "I live in a house, but my home is in the stable." - Anonymous
- "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle." - Winston Churchill
- "I would travel only by horse, if I had the choice." - Linda McCartney
- "There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." - Winston Churchill
- "To ride on a horse is to fly without wings." - Anonymous (one of our favorite horse quotes)
- "I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a horse." - John Galsworthy
- "A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." - John Steinbeck
- "I'd rather ride on a Mustang, than in one." - BaileyAnn Neal
- "I can make a General in five minutes, but a good horse is hard to replace." - Abraham Lincoln
- "When riding a horse, we borrow freedom." - Helen Thomson
- "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
- "Horses lend us the wings we lack." - Pam Brown
Which one of these horse quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
Horse Courses by Elaine Heney
- Listening to the Horse - The Documentary by Elaine Heney & Grey Pony Films
- Shoulder In & Out Training for better balance, bend & topline development with your horse
- Over 110+ Polework Exercises & Challenges to Download
- Dancing at Liberty & Creating Connection with Your Horse (11 lessons) - Grey Pony Films
I'd ride on a mustang than in one.
I'd ride on a mustang than in one
Number 8. "To ride is a horse is to fly without wings" was used in The Derby Stallion movie. A very good movie, check it out
To Ride A Horse Is To
Fly Without Wings
The quote and picture from Abraham Lincoln. A good horse is very hard to replace. I owned an Arabian. Very smart horse that knew more about me in 10 minutes than I did in 60 years. I miss him dearly.
Horsepower is the extraordinary capacity of a horse to elevate the human spirit
Did you write this quote? It's beautiful, I'd love to quote this is a little fun book I am working on.
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings.
My favourite quote is “Horses lend us the wings we lack”
I find this so true and emotional. My loan horse Rowan gives me 100 sets of wings. He makes me feel as if I am worry free and I live up in heaven. I love him so much.
My favorite quote is ¨I live in a house, but my home is in the stable.¨ That quote is SOO true!
just because i have a horse doesn't mean I am one id rather live in a stable than in a house were its dark lonely and cold were as you could be with the one that you love your horse.❤❤❤❤.
The very best quote is by one of Winston Churchill's...
"There is something about the outside of a horse
that is good for the inside of a man".
“No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.”
So true, so true.